Columbus State University to Host WinterFest Community Event
COLUMBUS, Ga. — Columbus State University is transforming campus into a winter wonderland for the annual WinterFest community event. Free and open to the public, WinterFest is scheduled for November 19 from 6-9 p.m. on Columbus State’s main campus.
WinterFest activities will include:
• Holiday performances from local schools and organizations
• Rides and games with prizes
• Hot chocolate and holiday treats
• Lighting of the campus holiday tree and clock tower
• Photos with Santa, Elsa from Frozen, and Paw Patrol
• Holiday craft stations from around the world
Food vendors will be available, as well as a “Winterfeast” in CSU’s dining hall for $5.50 per person. CSU Police will be at the event to collect donations for Cougars for Causes, a holiday fundraising drive benefitting local area nonprofits. Attendees may bring canned goods, toys or toiletry items as a donation for the drive.
Winter Fest is co-sponsored by CSU and the CSU Alumni Association. The event is free, and no tickets or pre-registration are required. For more information, visit winterfest.columbusstate.edu or call 706-507-8730.