Continuing Education Launches Post-Holidays Fitness Blitz
COLUMBUS, Ga. - Columbus State University Continuing Education has developed a program to encourage the community to start off the New Year by getting serious about shaping and sculpting a “new improved self.”
The program, “Fitness Blitz,” will run Monday through Friday, between Jan. 7-18 and feature a variety of evening fitness classes directed by experienced instructors. Participants can register for single classes or sign up for one or two weeks. The Friday sessions will focus on dance and feature sub-sessions of instruction, followed by an hour for dance and socializing.
“The real benefit will be the individual attention that participants receive and the opportunity to find out which type of exercise program best suits their individual lifestyles,” said Continuing Education Marketing Manager Kristin Barker. “Getting to sample the classes before making a commitment will allow participants to get involved with a program they can stick with throughout their lives.”
The following Fitness Blitz programs will be held in the Elizabeth Bradley Turner Center:
• Monday, Jan. 7: Gentle Yoga with Tracy Dean, 6-7 p.m.
• Tuesday, Jan. 8: Body Sculpting with Tracy Wooldridge, 6-7 p.m.
• Wednesday, Jan. 9: Pilates with Edith Shulman, 6-7 p.m.
• Thursday, Jan. 10: Turbo Mix with Jeanette Wisenall, 6-7 p.m.
• Friday, Jan. 11: Salsa Class with Pedro Rodriguez (6-7 p.m.) followed by Salsa Dance with Pedro (7-8 p.m.)
• Monday, Jan. 14: T'ai Chi with Phil Chan, 6-7 p.m.
• Tuesday, Jan. 15: Intervals with Jeanette Wisenall, 6-7 p.m.
• Wednesday, Jan. 16: Power Yoga with Tracy Dean, 6-7 p.m.
• Thursday, Jan. 17: Body Beautiful Yoga with Tracy Wooldridge, 6-7 p.m.
• Friday, Jan. 18: Turn Out and Tone Up with Edith Shulman (6-7 p.m.), Merengue Class with Pedro (7-8 p.m.) and Merengue Dance with Pedro (8-9 p.m.)
Tuition options are $10 per Monday-Thursday fitness class, $15 per Friday dance program (entire evening), $49 for a full week or $95 for two full weeks.
To register, or for more information, call 706-568-2023 or go to http://conted.colstate.edu.