CSU’s Leadership Institute to Bring 2018 Jim Blanchard Leadership Forum to Columbus August 27-28
COLUMBUS — For the 13th year, the Jim Blanchard Leadership Forum, hosted by the Leadership Institute at Columbus State University, will bring a lineup of the best and brightest minds in the world to Columbus. This year’s event, themed “Art of Leadership” features leaders in various sectors, including business, education, technology, art, music, film and military.
The two-day event, held at the Columbus Iron Works and Trade Center, begins at 1 p.m., Monday, Aug. 27 and runs through Tuesday, Aug. 28. Monday afternoon opens with Futurist and Innovator Erwin McManus and the evening features Apple co-founder and Primary Data chief scientist, Steve Wozniak.
Speakers scheduled for Tuesday include U.S. Army Chief of Staff General Mark Milley; Georgia Film, Music & Digital Entertainment Deputy Commissioner Lee Thomas and Columbus State University’s director of Orchestral Studies Paul Hostetter, accompanied by members of the Schwob Philharmonic.
For the fifth year, students currently enrolled with a valid CSU ID can watch the forum, including Monday night’s keynote address with Steve Wozniak, live via simulcast from the University Hall Auditorium.
“Each of our speakers this year has a unique style, a different background and a record of effectiveness in his or her industry,” said Ed Helton, assistant vice president of Leadership Development at Columbus State University. “We are excited to see the concept of leadership as art personified at this year’s event.”
The 13th annual speaker lineup includes:
- Erwin McManus – Author, Speaker, Futurist and Innovator
- Lori Lee – CEO, AT&T International and Global Marketing Officer, AT&T Inc.
- Bill Strickland – Community Leader, Author and President and CEO of Manchester Bidwell Corporation
- Peter Lovatt, Ph.D. – Dance Psychologist, Reader in Psychology at the University of Hertfordshire, UK
- Steve "The Woz" Wozniak – Co-founder, Apple Computer, Inc. and Chief Scientist, Primary Data
- James H. Blanchard – Chairman, Board of Advisors, JBA Capital, LLC
- General Mark A. Milley – 39th Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army
- Paul Hostetter – Ethel Foley Distinguished Chair in Orchestral Activities, Director of Orchestral Studies, Columbus State University’s Schwob School of Music
- Lee Thomas – Deputy Commissioner, Georgia Film, Music and Digital Entertainment Office
- Erik Wahl – Groundbreaking Artist, Author and Expert on Creativity and Innovation
For more information about the Jim Blanchard Leadership Forum, visit http://jblf.org.