Columbus State extends operating hours for select campus services
December 1, 2021
Columbus State University is extending its operating hours on Tuesdays for certain offices and services beginning Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2022. University leaders hope the extended hours will make these campus services more accessible to its current students as well as area residents and prospective students.
“We recognize that the needs of our current students, future students and others in the community who partner with Columbus State often extend past 5 p.m.,” said Dr. Deborah Bordelon, CSU’s provost and executive vice president. “We hope extending our operating hours in this way makes our staff more easily accessible when those needs arise.”
Those CSU Main Campus units that will now remain open until 6:30 p.m. on Tuesdays include:
- Admissions, Main lobby, University Hall
- Bookstore, Davidson Student Center
- Bursar’s Office, 105 University Hall
- Center for Accommodation and Access, 102 Schuster Student Success Center
- CSU Advise, 201 Schwob Memorial Library
- Financial Aid, Main lobby, University Hall
- Registrar’s Office, Main lobby, University Hall
These services are in addition to current CSU units that already offer extended weekday and weekend operating hours:
- Academic Tutoring Center, 201 Schwob Memorial Library (Main Campus), in-person and online appointments available until 8 p.m. Sunday through Thursday.
- Campus shuttles, which pick up students and employees on both Main Campus and the RiverPark Campus until 10:53 p.m. on weekdays and 8:23 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Counseling Center, 301 Schuster Student Success Center (Main Campus), which offers appointments for students until 8 p.m. on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Residence Life, which serves students living in Main Campus and RiverPark Campus residence halls 24 hours a day.
- RiverPark Music Library, which is open until 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Simon Schwob Memorial Library (Main Campus), which is open until 12:30 a.m. Sunday through Thursday.
- Student Health Center, Tucker Hall (Main Campus), which offers on-call, after-hours and emergency care through a partnership with Piedmont Urgent Care.
- Student Recreation Center (Main Campus), which is open to students until 8 p.m. Sunday through Thursday.
- University Information and Technology Services Help Desk, which is available to students in person, by telephone or by email until 12:30 a.m. Sunday through Thursday.
- University Police Department, which is staffed 24 hours a day on Main Campus.
For more information about Columbus State’s academic, administrative and athletic programs and services, visit columbusstate.edu or call 706.507.8800.