Registration Open for Columbus State's Activ8 Summer Camps
COLUMBUS, Ga. — Families seeking summer activities for their 4-to-14-year-olds can register for summer camps comprising Columbus State University's award-winning Activ8 program.
Activ8's various enrichment and sports camps open May 23 and run weekly through July 29. Registration by April 15 includes a 5 percent discount. Upon registration, kids, with their parents, can build their own schedules according to separate age groups: 4-7, 8-11, and 12-14.
The camps are designed to create fun learning experiences without the pressure of homework, tests or quizzes. Categories include:
• Brain Training: Hands-on experiments and other creative projects
• Create-a-lot: Arts and crafts
• iTech: Computer skill building, including game design
• Just 4 U: Insight to better living, now and later
• Scienceologies: More hands-on experiments and fun projects
• Showbiz: Singing, dancing, acting, modeling and performing
• Sports and Dance: Various athletics and dance camps
Camps are scheduled according to morning (9 a.m.-noon) and afternoon (1-4 p.m.) blocks. Before-care service will be available starting 7 a.m. and aftercare is available until 6 p.m.
Activ8 has earned statewide recognition and recently was a Muscogee Moms Award winner as the area's top summer camp program. For more information, call CSU Continuing Education 706-507-8070 or go to http://activ8er.com or http://conted.colstate.edu/ for an online catalog and registration information.
The websites include information about other Columbus State summer camps offered through Athletics, Coca-Cola Space Science Center, the CSU Dance Conservatory and the Columbus Regional Mathematics Collaborative.