Tenth Anniversary of CSU’s Jim Blanchard Leadership Forum Begins Monday
COLUMBUS, Ga. — For the 10th year, the Jim Blanchard Leadership Forum, hosted by the Leadership Institute at Columbus State University, will bring a lineup of the best and brightest minds in the world to Columbus. This year’s event, themed “Leadership Legacy,” will bring back favorite speakers from past forums and welcome new speakers.
The sold-out two-day event, held at the Columbus Iron Works and Trade Center, begins at 1 p.m., Monday, Aug. 24 and runs through Tuesday, Aug. 25. Monday afternoon opens with pastor, coach and author Tom Mullins and the evening features the George W. Bush family. Speakers scheduled for Tuesday include Scott Harrison, founder of Charity Water; Daniel Pink, New York Times and Wall Street Journal best-selling author; and General Stanley McChrystal, former commander of U.S. and International forces in Afghanistan; among others.
For the second year, faculty, staff and students with a valid CSU ID can watch most of the forum live via simulcast from the University Hall Auditorium.
“We are thrilled to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the forum,” said Ed Helton, executive director of leadership development. “With the support of the university and sponsors Synovus, TSYS, AT&T and WC Bradley, we have been able to consistently secure world-class leaders.”
The 10th anniversary speaker lineup includes:
- George W. Bush – 43rd President of the United States
- Laura W. Bush – Former First Lady of the United States
- Barbara Bush – CEO and co-founder of Global Health Corps
- Jenna Bush Hager – NBC Today Show correspondent
- Ken Blanchard – Business author and management expert
- James J. Dunne III – Senior managing principal, Sandler O’Neill + Partners, LP
- Doris Kearns Goodwin – Pulitzer Prize-winning historian and author
- Scott Harrison – Founder, Charity Water
- General Stanley McChrystal – Former commander of US and International forces in Afghanistan
- John Maxwell – Leadership expert, speaker and author
- Tom Mullins – Pastor, former coach and author
- Daniel Pink – New York Times and Wall Street Journal best-selling author
- Simon Sinek – Author, speaker and visionary thinker
For more information about the Jim Blanchard Leadership Forum, visit https://jblf.columbusstate.edu/