UITS 2012 Holiday Project Update
The big technology upgrade or implementation for the 2012 Holiday break is the move of CougarView from Blackboard/Vista to Desire2Learn. CSU staff within the Distance Learning Design & Delivery team worked all Fall semester to prepare and train Faculty for the switch. The UITS staff stayed busy with numerous other projects during the break to make sure classrooms are ready for the Spring semester.
During the Holiday break, the UITS staff installed, upgraded, or replaced equipment in the following classrooms and buildings on campus:
- CCT 206 - replaced 12 year old video projector with a new 5000 lumen Epson Rear projector.
- CCT 205/206/207/208/235 - installed new instructor workstations furniture.
- CCT 3rd Floor classrooms - upgraded instructor workstations with memory and Windows 7.
- Clearview II 106/109/111 - upgraded all A/V equipment; screens, instructor kiosk, document camera, sound, instructor workstation, and installed a touch panel to control the room on the front wall
- Arnold 215 - upgraded CAN 8 to the new version
- Schuster 130 - upgraded kiosk with A/V room control panel.
- Human Resources atrium area - installed one extra computer set-up to have two computers where on-line applications can be filled out.
- Human Resources Training Room, Richard Hall 002 - installed 12 student and 1 instructor workstation. Installed instructor kiosk, screen, and video projector. All equipment came from West Point campus.
- Howard 101/105/205 - installed new instructor kiosk with workstation, new room speakers, screen, video projector, document camera.
- Rankin Market - installed new network switches and WIFI access points.
- New Mail Room - installed new network switches and WIFI access points.
Have questions or problems with any of the new technology; please call the UITS Help Desk at 706-507-8199.