UITS Host Winter Meeting of USG’s CIO Council
Columbus State University and University Information and Technology Services (UITS) is please to host the 2013 Winter meeting of University System of Georgia (USG) Chief Information Officer (CIO) Council. Approximately 60 individuals from USG institutions and central office, will be attending the 2-day meeting on January 31 and February 1 at the Cunningham Center.
Kathy Kral, CIO at University of West Georgia and Chair of the CIO Council will begin Thursday’s meeting with CIO Council business and committee updates. Followed by a presentation from Georgia Institute of Technology on “Building an Information Security Community”. Next will be Dr. Curtis Carver, Vice Chancellor and CIO at University System of Georgia ITS, delivering an update from ITS. The days activities will conclude with a Welcome Reception with Dr. Timothy Mescon.
On Friday, the CIOs will receive presentations on five of the Chancellor’s Priorities from various Vice Chancellors for the University System of Georgia:
- Complete College Georgia by Dr. Lynn Weisenbach, Vice Chancellor, Education Access and Success
- Distance Education by Jon Sizemore, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Distance Education
- Data Driven Decision Making by Dr. Houston Davis, Executive Vice Chancellor and Chief Academic Office
- Space Utilization by Lee Richey, Interim Vice Chancellor, Facilities
- Consolidation by Shelley Nickel, Associate Vice Chancellor, Planning and Implementation
Columbus State and UITS are excited to host the meeting to showcase Columbus State’s leadership and to provide leadership development and networking opportunities for CIOs and their direct reports.